It’s great to have cleaning products available in your home, but did you know many of these can be harmful for you and your family? Discover how you can eliminate the chemical toxins in your home and substitute them with a much healthier and natural alternative.
Here is a presentation on how Young Living can help you eliminate chemical toxins in your home and have a clean and healthier home for you and your family. Enjoy!
IDENTIFY THE CHEMICAL TOXINS IN YOUR HOME
Discover natural substitutions and simple DIY (do-it-yourself) solutions.
Soaps & Toothpastes
THE HIDDEN TOXINS IN ANTIBACTERIAL SOAP & TOOTHPASTES
The antimicrobial chemical triclosan is just one of the chemicals used in some toothpastes and antibacterial soaps that is believed to disrupt thyroid function and hormone levels in people when it mixes into wastewater (NOTE: this chemical has recently been removed from many household products as it was never proven to be effective, see FDA announcement for details). It can cause sex changes in aquatic life. Many health experts believe that overuse of this and other anti-bacterial chemicals is promoting the growth of bacteria that are resistant to antibacterial treatment. In addition to tricolsan, toothpaste can also include other harmful substances such as Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Fluoride, Aspartame, Propylene Glycol, DEA, or even Microbeads (plastic pellets).
A NATURAL OPTION FOR ANTIBACTERIAL SOAP & TOOTHPASTES
- THIEVES AROMABRIGHT TOOTHPASTE – This Thieves toothpaste uses Young Living’s popular Thieves oil blend to clean teeth and gums-all Without the use of fluoride and synthetic dyes.
- THIEVES FOAMING HAND SOAP – Blending Thieves, Lemon. and Orange essential oils with other natural ingredients. It is a gentle and effective alternative to antibacterial soaps laden with toxins.
Detergents & Fabric Softeners
THE HIDDEN TOXINS IN LAUNDRY DETERGENTS & FABRIC SOFTENERS
Scented, petroleum-based laundry detergents contain high levels of VOCs. These hazardous chemicals are linked to asthma and possibly cancer. They add to indoor air pollution. and are absorbed through your skin, which can create a host of problems. Did you know that 83.33% of fabric softeners get a D or F Rating from the Environmental Working Group? Fabric softeners and dryer sheets coat our clothes with a subtle layer of slimy chemicals, which is why they feel a little softer. The most common softening chemicals are called “quats” (short for quaternary ammonium compounds). The Association of Occupational and Environmental Clinics, a leading international authority on asthma, calls these chemicals “asthmagens”, substances that can cause asthma to develop in otherwise healthy people.
A NATURAL OPTION FOR LAUNDRY DETERGENT
- THIEVES LAUNDRY SOAP – With a plant-based formula. Thieves Laundry Soap gently and naturally washes your clothes. cleaning them without any chemical or synthetic residue. Natural enzymes and powerful essential oils add to the formula’s strength, to leave your clothes fresh and clean with a light citrus scent. Thieves Laundry Soap can be used in all washers. including high-efficiency, and its highly concentrated formula (6X) will provide around 64 loads with just 32 fit 02 (946 ml).
DIY FABRIC SOFTENER & STATIC REDUCER
- USE WOOL DRYER BALLS + 3-6 DROPS OF ESSENTIAL OILS – Wool Dryer Balls are 100% natural replacement for dryer sheets. You can purchase them already felted and ready to go. or you can make them yourself! Add 3-4 Drops of your favorite essential oil combination and re-use for up to 2-3 loads of laundry for a fresh. static-free experience that can actually speed up your drying time also!
Fruits & Vegetables
THE HIDDEN TOXINS IN HERBICIDE COVERED PRODUCE
Roundup, the most widely used herbicide in the country, is sprayed on everything and ends up in our air and water. Much of our produce today is “Roundup Ready”, meaning it’s been genetically modified to withstand all the Roundup applications so that the plant thrives while weeds and pests die. Herbicides can affect defensive enzymes our bodies use to keep us healthy. Roundup also reduces a plant‘s ability to take up vital micro-nutrients that humans require for survival. How can you minimize your exposure? Buy organic when possible and wash your produce thoroughly! Even organic fruits and veggies might contain traces of pesticides on their skins.
A NATURAL OPTION FOR EFFECTIVELY CLEANING PRODUCE
Thieves Fruit & Veggie Spray or Fruit & Veggie Soak utilizes naturally derived ingredients and the cleansing power of Thieves essential oil blend to effectively wash produce at home or when on the go.
- THIEVES FRUIT & VEGGIE SPRAY – Great for single-use servings or when you are away from home. The convenient 2-oz. spray bottle fits in a purse, backpack, or carry-on, making it easily accessible. With just a few spritzes, you can quickly and efficiently clean fruits and vegetables no matter where you are.
- THIEVES FRUIT & VEGGIE SOAK – Perfect choice when cleaning larger amounts of produce. With the help of DiCizeW, Purificationézl, and Thieves essential oil blends. you can prepare produce for a wonderful meal or a healthy snack.
Household Cleaning Products
THE HIDDEN TOXINS IN HOUSEHOLD CLEANING PRODUCTS
The 3 Most Common Toxins in Household Cleaners:
- z-Butoxyethanol (window & multipurpose cleaners) – Risks: sore throats when inhaled, at high levels can also contribute to narcosis, pulmonary edema, and severe liver and kidney damage.
- Ammonia (bathroom & window cleaners, jewelry cleaner) – Risks: can trigger asthma. chronic bronchitis with regular to frequent exposure.
- Bleach & Chlorine (scouring powders. toilet bowl cleaners. mildew removers, laundry whiteners). – Risks: respiratory & skin irritant (acute), can be hormone disrupter (chronic).
A NATURAL OPTION FOR HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS
- THIEVES HOUSEHOLD CLEANER – A powerful all-purpose, concentrated cleaner formulated with 100% plant- and mineral- based ingredients. Thieves Household Cleaner is biodegradable and complies with EPA standards. Formulated with the power of Young Living’s Thieves oil blend, you can get a deep clean without dangerous synthetic ingredients. This all-purpose cleaner can be used on any surface in your home for dusting, spot cleaning, scrubbing, stain remover, oven cleaner, or any other cleaning need! Suggested dilution ratios are on the label.
DIY SAFE HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS
- MIRRORS & GLASS – Newspaper and diluted vinegar, or 50:1 diluted Thieves Cleaner and water.
- SINKS & BATHROOMS – 1/4 cup baking soda, 8 drops rosemary, eucalyptus, lemon or tea tree essential oil, 3/4 cup vinegar, 2 cups hot water. Carefully combine, pour into bottle, spray, let sit, rinse and wipe clean.
- TOILETS – Vinegar & lemon essential oil.
- FURNITURE POLISH – 2 cups of water, 1 Tablespoon olive Oil, 1 Tablespoon of vinegar, 3 drops of lemon, pine, or rosemary essential oil.
- ALL-PURPOSE – 3 parts water, 1 part vinegar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 5-7 drops of Thieves or Lemon essential oil.
Toiletries & Beauty Products
THE HIDDEN TOXINS IN TOILETRIES & BEAUTY PRODUCTS
- The skin is our biggest organ and anything that comes into contact with it is rapidly absorbed into our bloodstream. A baby’s skin is three times thinner than an adult’s.
- Young children are more vulnerable to toxic exposure due to their developing organs and reproductive system, therefore it is important to avoid these chemicals when possible.
- By reading labels and seeking fragrance free products derived from natural sources you can help protect your family from these toxic chemicals.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Sodium Laureth Sulfate
- Ethanolamine (DEA. MBA. TEA)
- Propylene Glycol (PEG)
- Propyl Alcohol
- Synthetic Fragrances
A NATURAL OPTION FOR TOILETRIES, BEAUTY, & SKINCARE
Young Living has many safe and natural options for all your family’s needs. Here are just a few: lotions, shower gels, deodorants, shave oils, shampoo & conditioners, skincare, lip-gloss & more.
Air Fresheners & Scented Candles
THE HIDDEN TOXINS IN AIR FRESHENERS & SCENTED CANDLES
- Synthetic fragrances may be the most common type of chemical in your house.
- Air fresheners, plug-in type deodorizers, and scented candles can emit hundreds of harmful chemicals known to be carcinogens, respiratory and endocrine disrupters, and reproductive toxicants. even at low levels.
- In 2014, Scientific American reported that a study in the journal, Environmental Health Perspectives, shows a strong link between exposure to phthalates (chemicals that are found in air fresheners and often plastics) during pregnancy and the child‘s future risk of asthma.
A NATURAL OPTION FOR A WONDERFULLY SCENTED HOME
- DIFFUSING YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS – Ultrasonic diffusion combines the advantages of a humidifier, air purifier, atomizer, and aromatherapy diffuser into one by breaking a mixture of essential oils and water into millions of microparticles and dispersing them into the air.
- Diffusing essential oils provides a safe and effective method for purifying and scenting the air in your home as a fantastic alternative to harmful air fresheners, candles, and plug-ins.
Young Living offers a diffuser with their premium starter kit.
To find out more, see “How to Order Essential Oils“!
I hate SPAM and will protect your privacy. You can easily unsubscribe at any time!